"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

Saturday 12 March 2011

Pregnancy and family life do not always mix

After hobbling around yesterday and taking my first day off in this pregnancy, I am feeling more mobile today - thank goodness.  Not sure what I did but yesterday my back and pelvis was agony and only relieved by lying on my side on the sofa.  This morning, I am able to move around a little quicker, which is just as well as I have four children here and no husband (as he is at work).

I also need to be able to drive today as have three children who have to be in the same place at different times - why couldn't they have arranged it with their friends a little better?!  So a fun afternoon driving around, dropping off children and picking them up again.  And this is my weekend.  Um, no.  This is why I only work four days a week to give me that one day a week that is mine (and Hannah's) and not constricted by my older children's social lives.

Today, I suppose I also ought to do some housework as lying on the sofa for a day meant that no washing up, hovering or tidying was done. If I can do the housework and baking before the running around this afternoon, I may have the evening to do my school work though.  Then I can have Sunday off!  Well, as off as a day is with four children to look after.

I am not complaining - after all, I would be bored if I wasn't busy - but every now and again, I wouldn't mind a housework or taxi fairy to help out so I could do something for me.  Then again, I am not sure what I would for me if I did have the time.  In the meantime, I am just trying to get my head around the fact that I will have another baby in ten weeks (give or take a few days either side).  I still don't think it has sunk in yet and ten weeks isn't that long to go really.  Will fit in sorting things out for our new arrival at Easter.

Right, well off now to tidy up, do the washing up and get a cake in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment