"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

Thursday 27 January 2011

Sickness

None of us like getting sick but when you have a larger than average family, it is a nightmare.

And we have a wide selection of places that the bugs could come from:

  • my work (as I work in a school and see on average 630 children a day there is a lot of potential there)
  • Laurie's work
  • Michael and Natasha's school
  • Kaiya's school
  • Hannah's nursery
So the chances of us being ill are probably higher than average.  But then if one of us catches anything, we are all doomed.

I dread anyone in our house telling me, "I feel sick" or even worse, "I've just been sick" because then I start the countdown.  48 hours until the next one and like Russian roulette, there is no guessing who it might be.  I look around and wonder which one of looks slightly off colour, which one has been off their food or a bit sleepy.

So 48 hours later, and there is another one being sick.  48 hours later, yet another.  And so it continues until we have all suffered.  A constant stream of running to the toilet, sick bowls and washing loads.  What great fun!

So, on Tuesday, I got the dreaded text.  'I've been sick :('  It was from my husband.  It is now 48 hours later and I have a 15 year old in bed with stomach pains and feeling sick.  I have cleaned up Hannah's milk that she vomited on the kitchen floor - well done Hannah, for doing it on the easy-to-clean laminate and not the lounge carpet or rugs.  And I have a washing-machine- feeling in my stomach.  

I can not be ill.  I am too busy at the moment to fit it in.  I am pregnant and really can't face being sick with a wriggly baby inside.  I am going out tomorrow night to meet friends.  So I am keeping everything crossed and eating little to try and avoid the inevitable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment