"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

Thursday 14 April 2011

35 weeks tomorrow

Am shattered.  That says it all really.  So much to do in the next 11 days and now I have to add insomnia to my list.  Getting to sleep is no problem at all but in the wee hours in the morning, when I am struggling to roll over and baby has decided it is a good time to roll about and kick me as much as possible, I am awake and unable to get back to sleep.  Spent two hours in the night this morning trying to decide whether to get up and do something or continue to try and get back to sleep.  Fortunately, at 4.30am I must have gone to sleep because the next time I looked at the clock, it was 7.45!  A lie in!

After seeing the midwife today, I did at least find out what all the wriggling was about.  After being in the same left-hand position for the last 6 weeks, he has decided to go back-to-back.  This means more backache and limbs more able to kick/punch my stomach.  Hope he moves back to where he was soon.

Sadly, my midwife is off sick and isn't likely to return before my baby is born, which I am really disappointed about as I really like her.  Now I will have different ones each time which I don't like.  However, she asked if I had a homebirth last time and when I explained I did, she said that she thought she recognised the surname - I am famous after my last birth!!

Still, all seems to be going well and am on track for a 7-7.5 pound baby (they think).  Head very slightly down but nothing to get excited about especially as they can pop in and out.  All else is well and they are doing a home visit in 11 days to drop off the stuff for my homebirth!  Seems very odd that I am technically labelled full-term and allowed to have a homebirth in as little as 15 days.  Not that any of mine have been 37 weekers and so it is highly unlikely but even so, only 15 days is a scary thought.  Knowing this little monkey, I will go to 42 weeks and so still have 7 weeks and a day to go,

Have managed to get everything for the baby and me now and packed my bag so feeling happy that I am finally ready for when he decides to arrive.  Still got the painting, diy and gardening to do, but the main thing is that I have nappies, breast pads etc as these are sort of essential.  Even had my haircut so I don't need to worry about that in the first few weeks.  Starting to relax now I know that most of the stuff is done.  Just need to start my maternity leave in 5 weeks time to properly relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment