"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunny Sunday and am pondering names

Well, it is 7am on a Sunday morning and I have been up since 6am to get my two eldest girls across town for the coach to take them to their majorettes competition.  Back home now and the sun is out and the day is full of promise.  What to do with myself?  Now, I have some time and energy, I don't know.

One thing that I ought to be doing is trying to sort out a name for our baby boy.  We have always chosen a name by now and with less than 5 weeks until due date, I guess we really ought to start making a decision.  There are lots that we like but I am not sure that I love them.  And don't want to go with a second best name.  The main problem is that there are many names with negative connotations due to working in four different schools over the years.  Plus, we have to decide between us and that isn't easy either.  Then the three older children give their opinions and they are not shy about saying what they think.

So what type of name do I want?  One that will suit both a child and an adult. One that isn't currently in the top 10 or 20 names as to common but equally isn't too unusual.  We like a lot of the popular Biblical names but am not sure that I love them.  Guess I am waiting for inspiration to hit me like a thunderbolt but am running out of time.  Maybe we will just wait until he arrives, then decide what name he looks like.  Unless anyone can suggest a great name in the meantime.

In the meantime, the sun is shining and I want to see some of it.  But where to go at 8 months pregnant with a two year old?  Maybe a walk down by the quay to feed the ducks and swans.  Bit early at the moment though so maybe another cup of tea first.

No comments:

Post a Comment