"In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony."

Thursday 3 February 2011

Good news at week 25

After a very long and tiring week, I had some good news today.  My midwife has said that I am able to go ahead with my plans for a homebirth.  This was in doubt as apparently the Health Authority gets funny about it when you are either on baby number five or after baby number five - the rules change frequently - but my midwife has checked and it is good to go ahead.

So relieved as it saves the fight to get the birth that I wanted.  Now all I have to do is stay fit and healthy and hope baby behaves himself in there.

All the antenatal checks were fine and she confirmed that my weight and size are perfect - so much for all of those women making nasty comments about me carrying twins.  In fact, the fundal height is a little under so am actually a bit smaller than average.  Have ammunition for the comment now!  I am carrying more water than last time though which is why I appear bigger (but am not) and he is enjoying swimming and turning around in there.  I don't enjoy it so much at 4am though when he wakes me up.  Guess I had better get used to it though as no sleep will be happening in 15 weeks time.

One more day of work to get through this week and then have promised myself a rest over the weekend - not sure if I'll be able to keep that promise though with four children to look after.  I am just so tired this week that I can hardly keep my eyes open so need some early nights.  Might start tonight.  There again, I have a pile of Year 11 essays to mark....

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I'm on mat leave with number 2, my labors were quick so I wasn't brave enough to be at home! I hope all goes as well as you'd like it to! :)

    ReplyDelete